Visa and Travel Information « EMBASSY OF PANAMA IN JAPAN

Visa and Travel Information


  • All restrictions or requirements around COVID-19 have been lifted. No need to present negative test results, vaccination scheme or declaration form.

    For more information please visit↓↓↓ (ENG/Español)



    Visa Exemption: There is a Law in effect regarding tourist visas for entering the Republic of Panama; EXECUTIVE DECREE # 521 states that:

    Article 1: “Any person of nationality who requires a visa to enter the Republic of Panama, who has a valid Visa or Residence, duly issued by Canada, the United States of America, the Commonwealth of Australia, the Republic of Korea, the State of Japan, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Singapore and any of the States that make up the European Union, may enter the national territory ”

    Article 2: The visa granted by the countries mentioned in the previous article must be a multiple entry visa, has been used previously in the territory of the granting State and its validity shall not be less than six (6) months at the time of entering Panamanian territory. If you meet the following requirements, you will qualify for the aforementioned decree:

    •Has a valid passport with a minimum of three months validity.

    •Has a multiple entry visa with six (6) months of remaining validity from ONE of the following countries: Canada, United States of America, Commonwealth of Australia, Republic of Korea, State of Japan, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland North, Republic of Singapore and any of the States that make up the European Union

    • You must have used this visa to enter the country.

    • Proof of solvency: either $500 USD in cash, traveler checks, or credit card or debit card with most recent monthly statement.

    • A round-trip plane ticket or bus ticket, as proof that you plan to leave.

    For further information please access the following link which contains a copy of the law decree:

    To know if you require a visa, please click on the image below. ↓↓↓

    If you require and want to apply for a visa, you will need to contact your closest consulate (TOKYO or KOBE).

    • TOKYO:

    • KOBE :